Sunday, November 23, 2008

Did someone say "Vampire"?

Yes, that's right, vampire. I am somewhat ashamed to say I have fallen victim to a most heinous crime; I have become involved in the tweeny Twilight saga. It is also a fact that I spent the latter part of my Saturday afternoon engrossed in the lives of supposed teenage vampires and one loner teenage girl. I tell ya, though, there is something endearing about that blood thirsty beast. Despite the fact that, at points, he does want to kill his girlfriend because of her "delicious scent", he really isn't all that bad.

I must give credit to many friends for the introduction to this book. Dom for allowing me to borrow her copy. Joy Allen for telling me how deliciously wonderful it was (and the fact that she sort of wished her sweet husband was a vampire after reading it) and Katie Sandstead for always having a love for vampires and werewolves despite what the masses said. I am only on the 1st book so I don't need people ruining things for me and I do plan to see the movie when I'm finished (despite the lackluster reviews from book fans). I always feel when seeing a movie based off a book (Harry Potter, Narnia) you have to be willing to seperate the two. They are, after all, based on the book, not taken entirely word for word. I have, in fact, been reading the Chronicles of Narnia to counter the dark vampiredom that looms over me before sleep. I can't be having dreams about people sucking my blood. I'd much rather dream of a sweet, tender lion singing life into a lifeless land.

I will say that I have not gone into full blown vampire mania, but I will say this; if I ran into Edward Cullen on the street, I would definitely not be sad or terrified at all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

or kick him out of bed....jk!

Dominique said...

aaaaaaaaaah they're so gooooood. I'm almost done with the third...and moving on to the fourth. Can you hold off on the movie until I get back into town next weekend? I really REALLY want to go with ya'll!!!!

Leigh Vought said...

I guess I need to start reading these books. I mean it's all the rage!! :)

Katie said...

Of course Dom! I'm gonna need to get the 2nd one from you when you return. We'll have to wait til I get back. I wont actually be back until Sunday afternoon...maybe we can go then?! Don't go without me!

And sister, yes, you do need to read them.

And Joy, that too. Heheeeeeeeh.