Friday, February 13, 2009

Dreads, Phantoms, Drums, what's not to love?

Season 8 of American Idol has finally after weeks of auditions, gotten underway. I am excited, yet also, a little skeptical of this years contestants. As always in the beginning of a season, I am wary that any of the contestants will be as good as ones I've like prior. I gotta tell you though, for me, season 7 had to be one of my favorites. I'm not entirely sure if it's because I watched it every single week 2 times a week while helping Shane and LaJuan take care of the girls or what, but I just loved it. With all the stopping and starting of songs (thank you Brook (or is it Brooke?) White), forgetting lyrics not just once but TWICE--in the same night (Jason Castro, my love), technical "foreigners" being in the top running for THE American Idol (Carlie...Michael Johns...always a pleasure, but I mean, where's the accent, come on?), putting hard rock twists on 80's and early 90's classics (Oh David Cook), the excessive amount of guy-liner (again, David Cook), or bringing middle-aged women to tears with soft-pleasing tones (The other David), it was just an all around great season. I did like others in the past, buuuut not like last year.

So, in standard fashion, I have selected a few video clips to commemorate favorite Idol performances. Relax...and enjoy. Shropshire, out.

I don't care WHAT Simon says...this stuff is gold. But Lord Andrew is a freak of the week.



I love this song anyway and it always makes me cry, but I just love this little dread head freak.



Also, another all time favorite of mine. PLUS, he's just so awkward. And high. It's hilarious.


I do love a piano...and it IS Brooke...with an e.


Alright, this one is really just for the sheer fact that Jason Castro sang like all my favorite songs...GRANTED he didn't ACTUALLY know he was singing about, but come on, Grisabella the Glamour Cat...that hits right to the heart.


I mean, kid wasn't my fav, but there's no doubt he can saaaaaaang. I mean, saaaaaaaaaaaang.


This is personally my favorite re-make of Mr. Cook, so, here goes...if though technically somone else did the re-make first, so it's really a re-make OF a re-make.


Annnnnnnnnd to top it off with one of my all time favs just because Blake Lewis is so freakin random...I don't think he's givin love a bad name. And they say David Cook was the pioneer of "original" versions. Ok, maybe not.


No comments: