Saturday, January 17, 2009

Broadway + Doogie = Golden

It has to be said that SNL's skits can be up and down like the tides in terms of humor. I know others might not agree with that statement, but that's how I feel. Well, this past week Neil Patrick Harris, AKA Barney from How I Met Your Mother, hosted the show. I have to say it was pretty funny. Two skits in particular struck my fancy.

First of all, everyone who knows me knows I pretty much love musicals. It's a surprising thing to find out about me, but I love them. I mean Cats was my favorite CD when I was 5 (and I never saw the show until I was 16, that's what is even sadder), I loved Rent way before I saw it live or it was made into a movie, Dominique and I experienced a Christmas miracle by getting seat upgrades when we saw Avenue Q which was great, I mean I could go on. Pretty much any chance to see a musical, that is good, I am pretty much going to take. MOST people want to go to New York to shop, see the sights; I just want to go to see a show ON Broadway. (Side note, Wicked is coming to the BJCC in April and I could NOT be more excited...another great soundtrack. Seriously, I'll stop.) Anywho, with the recent economic crisis, shows are closing down all over Broadway. As a result, this skit was made. I feel there is no need to explain. Hilarious.




This second skit marks the uprise of SNL. Digital Shorts were probably the best thing SNL ever thought to do. They're genius. And the fact that NPH isn't afraid to make fun of the fact that he played a teen doctor named Doogie is completely awesome to me. Hope you enjoy.

No comments: