Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"I like it when girls stop by for the summer..." Thank YOU LFO

Ah, L.F.O., or Light Funky Ones as you were formerly known...you're one hit wonder about Cherry Coke, Fun Dip, and Abercrombie & Fitch always takes me back to the glorious days of summer...plus it's a lyrical masterpiece. So in honor of Joy K. Allen...

This summer will you....
1..Dye your hair? Negatory. I have the dubious honor and gift from the Lord above of blonde hair that I don't have to dye/highlight. It's the one thing I got that I can "brag" about. Just call me Samson.

2. Get a tan, or burn? If you know me, do you really need to know the answer to this question? (Tan, duh, I'm an addict...Intervention, please?)

3. Go on vacation/trip? Well, I will be traveling to HOTlanta to see one of my PRECIOUS WONDERFUL FABULOUS AMAZING HILARIOUS BEAUTIFUL bestest friends GEOOOORGIE STENT and then going to the MOB some, but no big concrete hardcore plans.

4. Go camping? Don't have any plans...me and camping have never really meshed well...something about the bugs...and the cramped tent...and the rocks that generally dig into my spinal chord as I sleep.

5. Plant flowers? Not unless I plan on planting them outside by my Club MTV pool in my fantastic apartments.

6. Play in the sprinkler? Negative...the art seems to of lost it's magic and luster for me. I freakin owned that thing though when I was a youngin.

7. Have a job? Technically yes because I am still employed by the state even though I do get the summer off, but don't go saying I don't have a "real" job because, I do, it just has awesome vacation time...that all falls at the same time.

8.Go on any road trips? A mini one to ATL...Jorgita get the Alanis ready...yeaaaaaah.

9. Do anything with your family? Of course...the sister is up here and I'll be home in the MOB playing with my precious mother and sister and rest of my fam because I won't have crap else to do after AMSTI gets done taking over my life.

10. Do anything with your friends? But of coooooourse! You gotta love a good Wine Down Thursday as well as some classic Club MTV pool time, PLUS there are weddings weddings and more weddings PLUUUUUUUUUUUS I get to hang out with my Georgie PLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS my other two favs Jillian and Eva are having their bachlorette fiesta this weekend which will be AMAZING plus Guster plus so much more this sentence doesn't even make sense anymore.

11. Spend your money or save it? Considering most of my days will be free...I'm gonna plead the 5th. :)

12. Do anything you’ve never done before? Be in someone's wedding who is not related to me annnnnnnnd go to the ATL aquarium with G-Money...I'm livin large, I know, I know.

13. Who will you spend the most time with?My fantastic and hysterical friends, my hilarious family, and my glorious DVR...I told you...re-la-tion-ship. We had the DTR...it was everything I ever hoped for and more.

15. Favorite food on the bbq: Burgers and hot dogs...but mostly burgers...mmmm, delightful.

16. Favorite summer drink: Margs (but they're really great anytime of year, let's be real) and, um, Diet Coke? I'm not much of a "seasonal" drinker...but Icees are amazing, Dom.

17. What do you look forward to when summer comes? SLEEPING! And the sun staying out to play later, and dusk, OOOH, and playing in the water. And eating outside. And laying out. And wearing dresses. And I'm done.

18. Would you rather it be winter? Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllll to the naw. You can't eat dinner outside in the winter, which is one of my favorite things to do (yeaaah Dom)

19. How many times will you hit the beach? I mean I hope at least once (to see my sweet Lesley), but who knows...times like these when I miss the Gulf Coast. Birmingham=mountainous hills=not the flat white sandy beaches of the coastal region.

20. Do you go camping? Been there, done that, didn't buy the t-shirt because it wasn't that awesome....but it was in Mexico...and I did sleep on top of a giant rock...and I did have to listen to Johnny and Matt playing stick ball with dirt rocks and Jill cheer them on the homerun victory. That part was hilarious, the being sick to my stomach/sleep deprived/having all my animalitos (animal crackers) taken out of my back pack by a wild cow and eaten...not so awesome.

21. Flip flops or shoes? Flippy floppies...Havaianas if you pleeeeeeease.

22. River or pool? Um, don't really do open bodies of water, but I'm all about LOOKING at them and SITTING by them, but I love a pool.

23. Shorts or dresses? No me gusta shorts, but te quiero a cutsie dress!

24. Favorite summer treats? Hawaiian shave ice and Pop-Ices and BEING ABLE TO SLEEP! What uuup.

25. Favorite summer memories? Oh me, oh my... when I was little playing flashlight tag way late at night or any other late night rendevous we may of had as children, spending all day at the swim club and getting the "white trash ballpark sunburn" under my eyes, sitting on my grandmothers patio eating pickles and pop-ices and shelling peas, living in the room with a tiolet that didn't flush...ever...or have water pressure higher than that of an eyedropper in PCB at Project my first summer, working at the Holiday Inn and dressing up like Sponge Bob my 2nd summer, taking every sort of mode of transportation (walking, hitching, bus, taxi) to get to a mall in Guadalajara, Guadalajara as a whole, pretty much anything involving summer is my favorite...I can't deny it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

one of the great regrets of my life is that i never got to see you dress in a dolphin costume and shake it for the kids at the holiday inn.

let's drink cold beverages and smoke cloves this weekend.

also, you are the poster child of summer. you should have added that great pic llyles took of you holding on to the edge of the swimming pool to this blog because it is the definition of all things sunshiney, fun-ness, and summertimey.

Lauren said...

I must say, Shrop=Summer...and you should put up the picture of you that Kristen took...it is your essence!