Saturday, May 23, 2009

Where, oh where, have my TV shows gone?

May is always a good month. Summer comes, the weather is changing into prime pool time weather, the sun sets later giving us ample daytime playtime, and the best thing of all, I get some time off work. Some have told me teachers don't live in the real world since we get a "2 month break," but let me assure ALL of you that teachers need summer otherwise the amount of teacher/student battery cases as well as the numbers in the psych ward would rise dramatically. However, with May also comes a sad, sad time: season finale time.

Yes, I watch TV. Yes, I watch a lot of TV. Some might even say I have a "relationship" with my television. So what if I have a show (sometimes 2) each night that are scheduled to record on my DVR? Don't hate, appreciate. This past year did not disappoint in the television department. From 24 to American Idol to The Office to How I Met Your Mother, I have been entertained all spring long. So many questions are left unanswered. How is Jack Bauer going to come out of this biohazard sickness alive? When are Jim and Pam going to tie the knot? Before or after they have their little Jam baby (Jim + Pam, what up)? Who IS Ted Mosby's (*wink* architect) wife and WHEN will we meet her? And most importantly, how many pieces of hate mail are the producers from American Idol going to get from queens, hags, and middle aged women across the country due to Adam Lambert's "shocking" loss?

I could probably talk forever about my opinion on AI this season. One thing is for sure, I wanted sweet little Allison to win or that precious Danny Gokey. They were both amazing. COME ON! Maybe I'm biast because they both have raspy voices and give hope to vocal nodgal suffers everywhere, but I just love them. Don't get me wrong, Adam Lambert has talent, but he belongs on Broadway, and I believe I would know. I mean, after all, I did do choir tour. Em-bar-ass-ing.

SPEAKING of choir tour, I could not be more excited about Fox's new show coming on in the Fall, Glee. There was a special sneak preview after Idol on Tuesday, and it was hilarious, and also complete with numbers from several of my favorite musicals. Seriously, who is going to pay for my all access pass to Broadway? I'm going to need that to happen, A-SAP. You can make donations and checks payable to Katie Shropshire. All donations will be tax deductible. Maybe.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Shrop---I miss you and you are hilarious (and aren't you feeling so loved right now.) Kristen told me that Kris Allen won by 88 million votes... and how many votes were cast? 100 million. Wouldn't that be 88%? Yes it is. They're keeping this underwraps...we don't want a Civil War to go down you know. And by the way, I too am excited about Glee--if only I can remember to watch it. Are you not a "So You Think You Can Dance" fan?

Katie said...

I am a fan, I am! I meant to write about my excitement of it, as well, but you know, my TV overload sometimes keeps me from remembering which shows I watch. Glee won't be returning til the Fall, so you've got plenty of time to remember it's awesomeness.

God with us said...

Beam progressive orphan school would love you and your team to visit us in Kenya.we have an orphan school and widowed women group that need teaching also we have a mission team that moves to villages of Africa..move you to all exiting places in Africa mountains, lakes,rivers,Ocean and see wiled animals.if you are ready a doctor,pastor,business man,and any other person with the WILLINGNESS to help you are welcome.
Your Pastor Dan.
+254 725050755
j.withus@yahoo.com