Saturday, May 23, 2009

Anastas-yeaaaaah





I know, I know, I have not posted on this thing in forever. That is because school was ending, life was chaotic, and I got lazy; but school is now over, it is summer, and I felt it was high time to make a post.

My last day with my kids was on Thursday of this week. I felt it was a little bitter sweet as this has been such a crazy, hectic year of teaching; I say that as if I have anything to actually compare it to, but you get the point. The kids did lots of fun activities all week to keep themselves entertained while Miss Shrop got her clean on, if you will. They colored, they talked (a lot), and most importantly watched many fantastic and awesome children's movies, one of which would be one of my all time favorites: 20th century Fox's Anastasia.

Ever since the Explorium in Mobile had an exhibit on the Romanov family, I have been fascinated by the story of Anastasia. I know you're all surprised; me, be infatuated by a sad, traumatic event in world history? Get out! (Enter my other weird fascination with WWII/Holocaust) Anyway, so I love the movie Anastasia. My family used to jam out to the soundtrack in the minivan all the time as well as watch the movie loads and loads of times. Now mind you, I was in about 7th or 8th grade when this movie came out, so honestly, I really have no actual excuse to of ever liked it, but it is what it is.

Besides the exciting, overexaggerated storyline, the phenomenal musical scores, the flirty banter between the cinematic epic's headliners, there is one part I love maybe the most, and that would be Dimitri. Dimitri is the very much animated, very much not real leading man of the film. Now I can't tell you if it's the looks, that fact that he's a little mischevous but turns from his "sinful" ways, or that John Cusack is his voice, but for whatever reason, he is, to quote the great Randy Jackson "for me, for you" the hottest animated male ever. Now, I know I might have some argument from some saying other more "popular" animated characters are more attractive, say Eric from The Little Mermaid or Moses from The Prince of Egypt (maybe that's just Joy Tiley and Lucy) and so on, but I stick to my guns on this one. Then again, I might have others who would argue, "Uh, hey, it's a cartoon, how can someone be hott? You're weird."

You might be judging me right now, and that's ok, I fear no judgement on this matter; but deep down inside, you know there is some animated male that you find more attractive than others and, if given the chance, you'd definitely break out into random song with them any day.

I mean, look at that face. What's not to love?

No comments: